Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First House!

So here it is: my first house!

The second picture is the view from my window (which more often than not includes a camel or two).

The other outdoor picture is of my concession (outdoor walled-in area where I sleep and hang out). The sticks you see will soon have more sticks on top of them to create shade (which is called a "hangar" in french... not sure what to call it is english). Also, the door will *hopefully* be attached in the near future.

The last two pictures are of the inside of my house. It is a one roomhouse, with mudbrick walls, a cement floor, a tin roof, and two windows. On my table you see a water fliter and gas stove, and in the bottow picture you see my bookshelf (which I obviously couldn't live without!) and the trunk where I keep food.

Home Sweet Home! :-)









6 comments:

Unknown said...

you're the prettiest part of those pictures. hope all is going well.
thinking about you tons

Anonymous said...

It looks great, but where are your posters? Just kidding. You amaze me. Love you bunches!!! Good luck!

jaylectricity said...

Cool pictures! Auntie Carol Morris gave me the URL to your blog. Some interesting stuff there. I look forward to reading some more.

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Jessica Pollak Kahn. I was a Niger volunteer from 1992-1994 in a village called Dan Mairo, near Mayahi (Maradi). Do you know any volunteers in that area? I'd love to get in touch with someone who might have news of my old village. My email is: jesspk@comcast.net. Sannu ki!

Jess

Anonymous said...

Wow... nice set up kiddo. I'm so happy I got a chance to see it!! :) I love you and I miss you...

stevenschnelle said...

Leah! Things look good across the Sahara, I'll look really hard tomorrow to the South East and see if I can see you :) How exciting to be PCVs at the same time, with only a desert separating us!

Thinking of you...